What to look for in the video:
- Mr. Mitchell makes sure to introduce and reinforce vocabulary relevant to the project.
- Students were given the direction to work out a plan so that both partners could complete the project. Virtually every group chose to work cooperatively rather than serially. You'll see many examples of peer coaching and collaboration.
- The students did not simply copy Mr. Mitchell's example. They brought their own creativity to the project and learned from each others' work.
- The students remained engaged and self-directed throughout the project, even when they were not in direct control of the iPad. Most chose to read when they were not working with their partner.
- Even at this early point in the year, students seamlessly saved their work and emailed it to Mr. Mitchell as they completed it. Several students mailed multiple versions of their work as they made improvements or added ideas.